Sunday, September 27, 2020

'The X-Files: The Official Archives' is a must-have for fans!

0

I never planned on buying The X-Files: The Official Archives. In fact, I was not excited. I usually am when it comes to X-Files collectibles, but I was not.

Was it because of the pandemic? Or, was it because of my slight tampo with the actress--the one portraying Dana Scully? After all, she ended Season 11 even before it started. Feel the huff? It MUST be the latter. Ha ha ha!

Fortunately, I gave in. I bought it.

I bought it even without any idea what it was really all about other than the fact that it's a collection of X-Files case reports. It also turned out as one of the best purchases I have made this year. This is a must-have for every X-Philes out there.

When I started reading it, I noticed how the book smelled like archived folders--like actual case/file folders. The book's texture made me feel like I was going through case files. Hearing Mulder and Scully's voices when reading their reports, even hearing other characters' voices when reading their notes.

I'm not done reading half of it, but the first few pages were pretty convincing. I was thankful to have this book--all the memories I have of the show came back, all the episodes recalled while reading these case folders. Best of all, it's like you are part of the show you love and cherish.

The X-Files: The Official Archives made me feel like I was in The X-Files universe--an agent uncovering the truth about The X-Files, Mulder and Scully, and all the conspiracies they uncovered.

Like most X-Philes, spoilers are a no-no. Hence, this sense-based review--all limited to what I see, hear, or feel.

To The X-Files and the people behind this book, especially the author, Paul Terry, THANK YOU!

0 comments:

Post a Comment