Monday, July 13, 2015

SOTW: The Space Between ♥

2

SOTW - July 5 to 11, 2015

It has been one hell a taxing week, however I was fortunate enough to have time and listen to (and watch amazing live performances of) great music by brilliant bands and artists.

Here are my top 5 songs of the week! ;)
 
#5 - Trouble by Ray LaMontagne

First heard this song on American Idol when Taylor Hicks sang it. It has since been included in my playlist. Having watched the live performance on YouTube made it one of my most played songs/videos this week. A really nice song from an awesome soulful artist.

#4 - Emotion Sickness by Silverchair

It was a toss between Emotion Sickness or Without You. I mean, I looooove Without You more than this song, but this performance is simply EPIC. It actually made the song MORE epic than it already is. I couldn't help but get into this song and watch other performances, but this just had the best audio and the best video. Must share, must watch. 

#3 - Don't Look Back In Anger - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

A stripped down version of this song has always been my favorite. The Argentina version, the Wembley version, and just the acoustic or semi-acoustic versions have always, ALWAYS been my favorite. Well, that of course wouldn't stop me from listening to the original version. This is probably my most-played Oasis track on Spotify and even on my mp3 player. It is my favorite Oasis song. This recent performance, however, brought Don't Look Back In Anger's beauty as a song even more. This guitar and piano version is everything. 

#2 - Deep Inside of You - Third Eye Blind

Stephan Jenkins isn't my favorite band vocalist, but man did he sing this song so beautifully! One of my favorite 3EB songs and one of my favorite performances from them. 3EB's Fillmore concert remains to be their best. That is, for me. The performance said it all. Oh, again with the piano! ♥ I probably re-played this more than I should hahaha.

#1 - The Space Between - Dave Matthews Band 

My most favorite DMB song, everyone.



My ultimate favorite song of the week has to be The Space Between by the Dave Matthews Band. It could have been Snow Outside but came across this video and for me, my favorite version yet. Perfect version. TOO MUCH EMOTIONS. TOO MANY FEELS. This is certainly the most played song (this version and the album version) of the week. I just love Space Between. This song introduced me to this amazing band. Didn't pay much attention to DMB until this song came out in 2001. I am hoping they decide to have a World Tour and have a concert here in The Philippines and play this song live. That would be a dream come true. I'd do everything in my power to watch DMB live in concert. Please, DMB. Please.

2 comments:

  1. I love this concept! And great list, too. Haha been wanting to widen my music knowledge with new preferences. I've been listening to 1D and Adele mostly in the past months haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this concept! And great list, too. Haha been wanting to widen my music knowledge with new preferences. I've been listening to 1D and Adele mostly in the past months haha

    ReplyDelete