Thursday, June 07, 2012

Taking a Stand on the Death Penalty.

0

Here's a scene from one of the best television shows of all time. The Practice takes on the Death Penalty. Powerful scene. Brilliant writing, David E. Kelley. Genius.

A scene so powerful. Always relevant.

This is Eugene Young's take on the Death Penalty.


While I may not agree with his firm position against the death penalty, I strongly agree with him as to why he is against it on his second point. The judicial system is flawed. Innocent people are being convicted. It needs to be fixed. If we fix this, then I am for it.

Best line:
One of the biggest problems we have today--our children are being raised in a culture that not only condones revenge, but perhaps even celebrates it as a societal good. It's wrong.

Compelling.

I miss shows like this. David E. Kelley, I have said it before, I will say it again, you are a genius!

0 comments:

Post a Comment