Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Music of Sanders Bohlke

0

The way I see it, not many people know who Sanders Bohlke is. I, too, was not aware of his music until I saw a fan video with his song, The Weight of Us. Truly, the world of fan videos can offer you great music--introduce people to new music. Some TV shows have actually used the song but I have to say, "The X-Files led me here!" Well, you probably read the "____ led me here!" comments on YouTube from time to time. There are a lot of them. Mulder and Scully fan videos have always been phenomenal--capturing the essence of The X-Files, the Mulder and Scully relationship and the amazing music these fans have chosen.

Enough of the fan videos, let's talk about great music and this amazing indie musician. I guess it's correct to say that Sanders Bohlke is an indie artist. Probably not mainstream, but a true musician--a singer songwriter. With the help of TV shows and fan videos, we get to discover music which we seldom hear on the radio. For that, I thank them. With Sanders Bohlke's The Weight of Us, a song which I think is full of brilliance, is one which many people worldwide should be hearing right now. It is a timeless masterpiece. I can go on and on about this song, that's how amazing it is. I prefer you hear it for yourself.

LISTEN.



Haunting, isn't it?

It's not just about this particular song. He has more to offer. Believe me. He has Somewhere, Quiet Ye Voices, Fighter Pilot and a lot more. I am lucky to have heard these songs. They can be streamed online after all. Also, you can buy his album on iTunes. Yes, iTunes. I think that's the great thing about music in the digital age despite piracy--people are given the chance to discover new and great music and these artists are given the opportunity to get their music out there.

Here's Somewhere, must listen.



Neo-Soul.

I am a fan. I am such a fan that I decided to tweet him. He knows I am a fan. Yes, he replied! :)

Photobucket

If you want to know more about him, please do visit his website, SandersBohlke.com. You can stream his music, buy his album, shirts, and watch videos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment